As both a buyer and consignor at the leading North American auctions, Chad has an understanding of the market that allows for the acquisition of sometimes bargain priced bloodstock which often escalates in value very quickly.
Pinhooking is essentially buying to resell, much like commodities or stocks. There are many different categories such as weanling to yearling, yearling to two-year-old, and broodmare prospect to in-foal mare. Horses can be pinhooked for as little as a couple thousand dollars or as much as hundreds of thousands.
Some of our notable pinhooking transactions include:
A Cahill Road colt purchased privately for $20,000 and resold just four months later in the Keeneland September yearling sale for $52,000
A Red Ransom colt purchased privately as a weanling for $35,000 and resold the following year at Keeneland's September yearling sale for $230,000
Further, mares purchased include ones in foal to:
- Palace Malice for $20,000 in November 2018, her resultant foal sold for $180,000 in November 2019
- Mohaymen for $8,500 in November 2018, her resultant foal sold for $75,000 in November 2019
- Noble Mission for $6,000 in November 2018, her resultant foal sold for $60,000 in November 2019
- Flatter for $23,000 in January 2018, her resultant foal sold for $200,000 in November that year
- Indian Charlie for $60,000, her resultant foal sold for $300,000
- Lemon Drop Kid for $50,000, her resultant foal sold for $230,000.
We are always searching for prospects and can advise or form a partnership to fit your needs or goals. Please contact us for more information.